POSITION: Visitor Services Assistant
HOURS: Part-time, non-exempt; 8 hours per week (two half days, Tuesday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 to 5 p.m.) and one Saturday per month (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.); schedule as agreed upon, flexibility to work occasional additional hours a plus.
REPORTS TO: Vice President
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Answer telephones and direct calls.
- Sell admissions, memberships, and store merchandise. Perform daily opening, closing, and reporting procedures.
- Encourage visitors to become members of the Society.
- Track visitor statistics.
- Become familiar with the Society’s mission, programs, and services.
- Stay up-to-date on the Society’s activities, offerings, and news by reading the Society’s publications and regularly reviewing its website.
- Become familiar with store inventory to answer inquiries and encourage sales.
- Keep store merchandise and supplies stocked and neat.
- Notify security and other staff of any security concerns.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures.
- Assist with administration, development, and library department projects.
- From time to time, work evening or additional weekday hours at special events (e.g. lectures, exhibition openings).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Welcoming, professional, and positive demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable, conscientious, and flexible.
- Ability to managing multiple priorities and give attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook programs.
- Retail experience a plus.
Please send letter of interest and resume in PDF format, to Joan Desmarais, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email should read: “Visitor Services Assistant [Your Last Name].”
PDF of Visitor Services Assistant position description.