Position Announcment: Processing Archivist
The New Hampshire Historical Society seeks a part-time, temporary processing archivists. Under supervision from the Society's library director, the processing archivist will arrange and describe the records of the Swenson Granite Company in Concord, NH. The position is planned to be in place for 24 weeks for 21 hours a week.
- Arrange and process the materials of the Swenson Granite Company
- Create and edit a finding aid for the collection
- Identify potential items for conservation and digitization
- Graduate degree in library science with a concentration in archives; students currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in library science with a concentration in archives may be considered
- Prior experience in archival processing and description
- Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF to Sarah Galligan at email@example.com. Subject line of the e-mail should read: Processing Archivist [your last name].