The New Hampshire Historical Society's staff is happy to assist you in your research on New Hampshire history and genealogy using resources in our library or museum. Research services can be ordered by email, telephone, or mail.
Research Services Process
1. Receipt and Proposal: Your request is received and sent to staff member who will work with you to define the question(s) and estimate the amount of time needed to complete the research. At this point, a credit card number may be required to reserve research time.
2. Research: Once you agree to the proposal, the assigned researcher will examine the Society’s collections and research databases. You may be contacted with additional questions.
3. Report: The researcher will prepare a report of their findings, which will include photocopies of relevant documents, a summary of conclusions, and suggestions for possible continued research (for example, research that could be done at other repositories).
4. Review: The final report and supporting documentation is reviewed for accuracy. Requests are generally completed within four weeks.
5. Payment: Research services may be paid by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit cards or check payable to the New Hampshire Historical Society. Once payment is processed or received, the completed research will be sent to you.
||$25 (per hour)*
||$40 (per hour)*
||$0.25 (per page)
||$0.35 (per page)
|Shipping & Handling (U.S.)
*There is a one hour minimum charge. Beyond the first hour, the fee is charged per half hour.
Request Research Services